General Loan Calculators - ProDebtCalc
Auto Loan Calculator
- Auto Price -- This is the total purchase price of the auto
before tax. It includes the cost of the vehicle, additional options
and destination charges. Don't include sales tax in this amount, as it
will be computed for you.
- Loan Length - Months -- Number of months for this loan.
- Annual Interest Rate -- Annual interest rate for this loan.
- Down Payment -- Total amount of cash and factory rebates
used in this purchase. If you make a larger down payment, then
you'll reduce the size of the loan and the size of the monthly
- Trade-in Value -- The total amount that you are given for any
automobile(s) that you trade-in as part of this purchase.
- Sales Tax % -- The sale tax rate charged in your location.
- Title, Registration, etc., Fees -- See list of fees below.
- Checkbox: Include taxes + fees in loan amount -- If you check this
box, then the taxes and fees will be added to the purchase price
in the loan amount. This means that you'll have less to pay up
front, but you'll be borrowing more money, and so you'll have a
larger monthly payment.
- Checkbox: Trade-in taxed -- Check this box if you're making your
purchase in any of the following states: California, District of
Columbia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Virginia.
Those states collect tax based on the full price of the car. Other
states collect sales tax based on the difference between the new car
and trade-in price. Note that Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New
Hampshire and Oregon have no sales tax on autos.
Below is a list of typical fees charged in an auto purchase. These
costs may be included in the loan to reduce the size of the upfront
payment, but then you'll have a larger loan and a larger monthly
- Sales tax. Some states don't collect sales taxes for
- Document Fees. This is a fee collected by the dealer for
processing documents like title and registration. Typically, it should
be between $150 and $300.
- Title and Registration Fees. This is the fee collected by states
for vehicle title and registration. Dealer will usually handle the
paper work. Most states charges less than $300 for title and
- Advertising Fees. It's a fee that the regional dealer pays for
promoting the manufacturer's automobile in the dealer's area. If not
charged separately, the Advertising Fees are included in the auto
price. Typical price tag for this fee is a few hundred dollars.
- Destination Fee. This is a fee that covers the shipment of the vehicle
from the plant to the dealer's office. Typically, this fee is between
$600 and $1,000.
- Automobile insurance. You will need to have auto insurance
before you can drive your car. If you don't have insurance already,
some dealers can provide one or two months of auto insurance for
a fee of a few hundred dollars.
PDC calculates the following values:
- Monthly payment -- The amount of the monthly payment.
- Amount Financed -- The total amount financed by the auto loan.
This will be the auto price, and optionally fees and taxes.
- Sales Tax -- The dollar amount of the sales tax.
- Upfront Payment -- The total of down payment and fees that must
be paid upfront.
- Total Interest -- The dollar amount of the total interest that
will be paid across the life of the loan.
- Total fees -- The total amount paid in fees.
- Total Cost -- The total cost of the automobile, including purchase
price, fees, taxes, and interest.
Reverse Auto Loan Calculator
This calculator tells you how much automobile you can afford, based on
the monthly payment.
The data for this calculator is the same as for the previous
calculator, except that you provide the desired monthly payment as
Xenakis Professional Debt Calculator
Copyright © 2002-2016 by
John J. Xenakis